Friday, July 6, 2007

Grown-up Playdate



So even grown-ups need playdates. I had the most fun today felting with a new artist friend that I met in a rather round-a-bout way in a banquet hall bathroom during a retirement party. You never know where or when you are going to make a new artist friend! (Thanks Cathie!)

We did some serious flat felting, ate great late season strawberries, listened to the Magnetic Fields, had some sweet onion pasta salad in the shade garden and then felted up some beads.


It was a pretty perfect way to spend a day, if you ask me. Unfortunately, the sky opened up before I was able to get any photos taken of the fruits of our labours, but you can check out Sara's other work here at her blog: http://www.paperandcloth.com/ She made these squishy organic looking fuzzy felted bowls that you see here a while ago, I am going to beg her to teach me how to knit these:

I felted with some deliciously smooth merino today. I could get used to that.


No comments: