Thursday, July 19, 2007

Check this Out: Dangerous Mezzo



I bought this great piece a few days ago from Nina of Dangerous Mezzo over at Esty. It is a lovely over-painted photo titled "Past Perfect". She arrived today in the mail, and I was on a quest to contrive as to where to hang her. Strangely enough, in amongst the piles of old frames I had out in Shed #2 of The Shanty Town, I found the perfect frame for her. Doesn't she look lovely?

Sometimes these things have a way of working out.

Nina's over-painting work is just gorgeous. It has a haunting and compelling quality that you just can't quite shake. They really do become more than the sum of their parts. Since you are here, check out some of her other work....

3 comments:

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

My goodness! Thanks so much for giving Past Perfect such a lovely home, Marysusan (and thanks for the plug!) And I can tell she loves her new frame ...

Elizabeth Porter said...

I had been checking out that shop recently too, my husband adores the styles of her paintings. What a beautiful painting you acquired!

MSN said...

I can tell you, her peices are even lovlier in person.