Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Figs aren't just for wearing any more








Figs...



You can only eat so many in a day...or else one suffers the consequences, which I shall not detail here. The question then becomes, what do you do with the multitudes of figgy delights which are rapidly ripening outside your door? Fig Jam of course! So last weekend (not this one, which was the weekend of pneumonia) was the fig jam extravaganza, as well as the day of canned figs....for a proper figgy pudding at christmas.

Here are some photos of Fig-i-licious-ness:

3 comments:

nina kuriloff said...

Very interesting!
I don't think I ever saw a raw fig before!
lol

Morgan Street said...

Those figs look divine! I've never eaten a fig (I don't think). The closest I've come to figs is fragrance - LOL.

d-c-designs said...

mmmm, reminds me of great grandma's fig cookies she used to make from her own figs