I am glad that I got to the doctor quite quickly on this one, as it came on as suddenly as a firestorm in a toothpick factory. Went to bed feeling a tiny bit under the weather; woke up yesterday with a hacking wet cough. I worked out my teaching day and then immediately sought Hippocratic relief. She called it "Community Bourne Pneumonia" which is just a fancy way of saying that I caught it directly from someone, instead of the bugs setting up house after weeks of suffering with a cold and then a cough.
It's no fun either way, although this way does have it's benefits:
1. No runny nose to get red and raw
2. The cough sounds REALLY impressive
3. I can do a fabu warthog impersonation
4. My fever, when graphed, could be used for rollercoaster design
5. I got an inhaler prescribed so I can pretend to be Urkle
6. The antibiotics make me so nauseous that I will probably lose 10 pounds
7. Cause I'm not sneezing, I can play with glitter if I want.