Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What have I been doing with myself lately?





You might have noticed that I haven't been posting a terrible lot in the recent past. This is because I have been working my little fingers to the bone costuming our Winter Musical. I thought that I would post a couple snaps of one of our latest creations.





This is Miss Marissa, a lovely young student at my school who is playing Lena in our production of "Singing in the Rain." The gown was sewn by my sainted mother and myself. We mostly completed the bodice together in a couple afternoons and one hectic morning during her Christmas-time visit, I then completed the remainder of the dress last weekend. The wig is constructed from two wigs, that are supported with foam inserts and supplemented with flowers, bows, birds and yes a cage.




And this is just the beginning.

4 comments:

Sylvie said...

That is so beautiful!! The last high school musical I helped make costumes for was a medieval theme. What fun! But deadlines are killers! Good job JCMS!!

Angela said...

That is beyond amazing! And I remember you commenting on my "Marie Antoinette" post on my old blog . . . here YOU brought the look to life! Great job on all the hard work.

MSN said...

I totally plaigarised from that film for my designs in this scene.

Thanks for noticing Angela!

MSN said...

I even used a separate underskirt, so that if we want to I can change the color of it and get a totally different look with a change of skirt and stomacher.