1. I used to work for J.Peterman. Yes, that J.Peterman. And guess what customers? Asking if Elaine was on her break or if Seinfeld was around was just as funny the 1076th time as it was the first. Go ahead....ask me again!
2. I met my husband on an afternoon blind date...and disliked him at first sight. I thought he was a huge stuck up snob. However, after a second blind date that day which was even more disastrous, I went to meet my pals at the local Irish Pub to commiserate about the sorry state of my love life...and who did I bump into but: Yup, you guessed it, a rather more drunk and much more fun future husband. After we left the pub that night I:
- talked our way into the gallery where an 8 foot by 3 foot painting of me was hanging (more on that later) by pretending that I worked there
- walked 2 miles home and didn't remember any of it, cause all I was paying attention to was him
- flushed an opossum out from under a neighbor's pick-up truck cause he had never seen one.
It was meant to be....
3. I worked for several years as an artists model. (See #2). It was great motivation to stay in shape and I got to participate in the artistic process in a totally new way.
4. I hate to have people watch me eat. Particularly Cheetos. I can only eat Cheetos alone. Sorry. I think it has something to do with the obligatory finger licking.
5. I have actually had cat scratch fever. It is no fun. Did you know that the lymph nodes in your head that run along the back of your skull can swell to the size of small plums? I do! I have Herbert to thank for this. Want to check Herbert the Killer cat out? Peruse my Flickr stream.
6. I teach forensic science in my "real" life. So watch it. My students are convinced that I could get away with murder....and I like it that way. My favourite topic is blood spatter analysis....soooooo much fun! Nothing like combining math and mayhem! Of course, the kids love it when I do my Miss Cleo routine and do handwriting analysis. I can read them like an open book from a handwriting sample. It is a totally creepy and illogical talent that I have always had, and I could probably make a fortune, but I don't exploit it.