Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tigers in the Long Grass


Tigers in the Long Grass, originally uploaded by Marysusan.

I'm looking for some inspiration....

I have been busy cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. You know how when you think you are going to make something, and then you start to "tidy" the studio or office, and then it becomes a massive cleaning extravaganza, and then you never end up making what you went in there to make in the first place? Well, that is the state I am in right now.

I have to get inspired enough to overcome the urge to clean and triumph with the urge to make.

I took a bunch of photos when I was walking in town, this being one of them...thinking I could use them for felting inspiration. It is worth a try at least, isn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see what you come up with from that inspiration. Some strange amorphous felted blob that when sliced looks like lovely lily petals. Here's to a clean and organized working environment, its an all powerful myth where I live :)

Mariana said...

WOw! beautiful flower... try reproducing nature! that flower reads inspiration all over the place!

If you feel like cleaning more, my studio could use some reorganizing. I exchange food and bed for cleaning hahaahh

Cheers from The NEtherlands!




www.florcita.eu

Sylvie said...

Gorgeous photo of a gorgeous flower!

Can't wait to see what you do with this inspiration.

Artistic Detour said...

Exquisite flower, and what a gorgeous color!